bike computer/strava questions

Bigrob1

Dirt Disciple
hi all
im looking to get a budget cycle computer that will link to strava to keep track of my cycling progress
so what are people using/recommending

Cheers Rob

Re:

Got a free App on my phone, ticks the box for me and uploads easily.
and best of all the App was free and I always carry phone my phone :D

cheapest option...yep the free strava app (assuming you have a smart phone).
otherwise something like a garmin 25, then it will upload to garmin, then export to strava (sometimes my stuff arrives in strava before it will appear on my garmin account haha).
Tjere are lots of options for straight strava, to cross platform upload, to stuffing about with uploads, exports then reuploads... just need to make sure you can get it there eventually...

for good info check out DCRainmaker

Second hand or basic garmin/bike gps would be the cheapest. Phones tend to be "not very good" at it. Battery life takes a hammering. You lose signal from your pocket etc etc.

Something like a second hand 305, or a 25 will sit on your bars and give you current info, with better accuracy and also it doesn't mind getting rained on or dropped anywhere near as much as your phone will!
There are several alternatives to garmin, but we've stuck with them as they seem to work well for us.

I bought a 2nd hand Garmin Forerunner 305, GPS and heart rate etc, it's a watch so can be used for cycling, running etc...
Just get back and plug the usb to the computer and Garmin Express automatically uploads the ride/run.

Also have a look at Veloviwer if you're a fan of statistics etc...

Back