** USE SUB mono-leg fork **

velofrog

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Yeti Fan
Feedback
View
i had one of these before, found this one on eBay, and was the only bidder :D

not sure what i'm gonna stick it on yet, but will think of something!

i have two black 317 rims out in the shed, so i can rebuild the front wheel and get rid of that silver rim :cool:

Attachments

• sub.JPG
    sub.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 671
Re:

Hiding in the box?

I take it the hub is specific to that fork, i.e. incompatibubble with lefty.

Re:

yes its a bit of a rarity, all USE only

S.U.B. is Stability Under Braking - it's designed not to pitch you forward under braking, which it does to great effect, and it's VERY stiff, a great bit of engineering :cool:

just picked up another wheel with a black hub, prefer that to the silver, has nice black and white tioga rims (i got a spare rim to build a matching wheel set)

just need to decide what I'm gonna bolt it on :D

Attachments

• use.JPG
    use.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 621
Re:

had one before

two one-legged trannies! ;)

Attachments

• bt.jpg
    bt.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 625
  • gt.jpg
    gt.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 624
Re:

If you cant decide and want to sell, then i may be interested.

What should i search for on ebay? "Use fork" looks to be converted to "used fork" so returns thouzillion results.

Re: Re:

02gf74":1q4l1tyo said:
If you cant decide and want to sell, then i may be interested.

What should i search for on ebay? "Use fork" looks to be converted to "used fork" so returns thouzillion results.

they are like the proverbial rocking horse sh*t! i wasn't even looking intentionally at the weekend, was searching for some USE 25.4 flat bars, and up these popped with only a few hours to go! :cool:

Re: Re:

Kult Friction":3kria1t9 said:
Hi bud, If you decide to part with the silver wheel let me know as I could well be interested in taking it off your hands :cool:

no worries dude, will let you know :cool:

Re:

Sweet... Cheers bud, Much appreciated! :D

I've also a set of the gold forks and iirc they were a limited run of only 20 sets! Manufactured just before U.S.E stopped making the S.U.B, Mine are number 18. I'm pretty sure there's another RB'er that also has one, so that makes 3 out of the possible 20 belonging to members of the RB family :cool:

If you decide you like the Tioga rims (They are rather nicely made), I'm pretty sure I've still a few NOS kicking around somewhere if you need a spare or two, should the worst happen....... :roll: As I'm pretty sure these are also rare as rocking horse proverbial, Someone once told me they weren't ever for general release but team issue only :cool: Not sure how true that is, However tbh other then the ones I have, yours are the only others I've seen :shock:

Back