I've gone all FSR... All finished pg2

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Never had one, never even ridden one (which is quite unusual) - just bought one soooo... What should I look out for?

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=340161

720.jpg

Re:

Look out for a set of wheeks

And llook out for having too much fun and spending oodles of cash for not really necessary bike parts, youre on the slippery slope....

Re:

Yes it will. A few seconds in a race could be the difference for a podium finish.

Psychologically you will push yourself harder as the bike will not be the limiting factor.

Im just sitting here wondering if it will snow, typing with my middle after cutting index finger when sawing old fence posts :( which is wrapped in tissue and yellow insulation tape.

Re: I've gone all FSR...

Tyres ordered!

I have most parts already. Just a chainset missing I think, depending on whats in me shed.

Yellow insulation tape is better than plasters.

Fact.

I've got one for sale pretty cheaply.

Lgf, if you are after the original chain set, I've got one in my fsr sale thread.

ishaw":2vpg70z4 said:
I've got one for sale pretty cheaply.

Lgf, if you are after the original chain set, I've got one in my fsr sale thread.

Unfortunately not in the market for another bike at the mo :facepalm:
Cheers though
Kyle

I love mine so much, I have only ridden 10 times, the rest of time its been in bits. But got it back from the LBS today after some bottom bracket issues.

Cant wait to get back out on her, may be tomorrow......

Re:

Issues with FSR's? Plenty of them in the "Show us your FSR" thread. Not running discs will save you any chainstay/pivot bolt head issues (milling out the disc :shock: ).
Check that the threads in the mech hanger are good, as they can strip easily if mishandled.
Make sure there are the spacers at the BB-adjacent lower pivot. This doesn't tend to show up as play, but you will see a visible 1-2mm gap between the pivot shell and the lower swingarm mount.
Check the bottom of the seat tube that the seatpost stopper hasn't been ground out. I doubt it looking at the nice condition of the frame; but some people removed them to 'slam' the seat down for DH/jump use which means there's no stopper there to stop any slipped post crashing into the shock.

It looks very nice that one, by the way! They just eat up bumps, but I could never get mine to go up hills on a coil shock; air every time..

P.S Is that a Fizik Nisene?

Back