Wiggle buy out CRC?

Re:

I find CRC`s prices a bit high in general but free post,decent customer service and delivery within a day or so always brings me back.I wonder if Wiggle will leave well alone.

Re:

Amazing, never realised wiggle were so big, must be doing something right.

Buying your competition is a good thing for the business, may not be so good fir consumer.

Id prefer for to be separate but then there will be soneone else who offers best deals, e.g rosebikes or bike.de

Cant fault cr service.

Interesting to see from the report that Wiggle only make 2.4% net profit on turnover...no wonder LBS are stuffed by these guys and have to charge more for servicing/expertise/advice etc.

We certainly can't buy Shimano or SRAM stuff wholesale at standard dealer rates from non-grey trade sources such as Madison or Fishers at prices lower than CRC/Wiggle retail their parts. to the public.
Presumably CRC and Wiggle are big enough to buy direct from the manufacturer, who doesn't give a s**t as they still sell as many units either way.

All the best,

Re:

Less choice to the consumer can't be good. To be honest, these operations are destroying so much of what was cool about cycling.

Still, two of my LBSs are pants, and deserve to die off.

Find a good one, and spend the extra to support them.

Re: Re:

02gf74":1l2vs6cs said:
Amazing, never realised wiggle were so big, must be doing something right.

Yeah, I would have presumed that things would go the other way round instead.

Wiggle doesn't deliver to Bosnia - CRC does - I wonder what will happen in this respect?

Re: Re:

cybernck":1oomcf0u said:
02gf74":1oomcf0u said:
Wiggle doesn't deliver to Bosnia - CRC does - I wonder what will happen in this respect?

You will be able to buy some stuff from me, now that will make a change! :LOL: :LOL:

Mike

danson67":29g4z0bn said:
Interesting to see from the report that Wiggle only make 2.4% net profit on turnover...no wonder LBS are stuffed by these guys and have to charge more for servicing/expertise/advice etc.

We certainly can't buy Shimano or SRAM stuff wholesale at standard dealer rates from non-grey trade sources such as Madison or Fishers at prices lower than CRC/Wiggle retail their parts. to the public.
Presumably CRC and Wiggle are big enough to buy direct from the manufacturer, who doesn't give a s**t as they still sell as many units either way.

All the best,

The numbers quoted in the article indicate CRC are making only 2.45% off their sales too - that being said, Apple make less on their unit sales, volume counts for a lot..

Yes, CRC and Wiggle buy in bulk; CRC in particular as they can buy in the hundreds of thousands of units for their own Vitus/Nukeproof etc bikes, which is why many of the component parts you buy from them are in bags, rather than Shimano/SRAM boxes as you see in LBS's or Halfords. On-One do similar, but on a much smaller scale and mainly from SRAM or 'other' suppliers they find, so do have a bit more of a niche in that respect.

Personally I'd hope that IF this deal does go through that Wiggle take over CRC's postage service, lower/no minimum spend for free delivery, etc.
Knowing how many places have closed down operations in more expensive Southern areas and moved to cheaper ones such as Ireland/N.Ireland, I'd expect that to be the case..

P.S Did you know what 'Wiggle' started out selling....? ;)

Back