Paul Milnes Pro Race - headset identification

jjsh

Retro Newbie
I'm fixing up an old(ish) Paul Milnes Pro Race, but can't identify what headset it has. The forks are 1'' thread-less, and the headset works in the conventional fashion, i.e. star nut in steerer, etc. The top race is a cartridge bearing that sits directly in the head tube that is machined to accept it, like an integrated headset ~ there is definitely no pressed in cup. The bearing is marked 'shimano cartridge type bearing bc1'

The bottom of the head tube has a steel bearing cup pressed in, and there is the usual bearing cup pressed onto the forks. In these sits a traditional cage bearing. The bearing cup in the head tube is pressed inside the tube, i.e. it isn't visible once the forks are in, unlike a semi integrated headset.

I've purchased some 1'' bearing races from ebay, but their external diameter is too small, in other words they aren't 'bulky' enough to fill the lower bearing cup - its aprox 7mm high, and 31 mm in diameter.

It looks like this ~ https://goo.gl/photos/pzkukd8MQ46qWdGA8

Can anyone tell me what this type of headset is called, and if I can get spares anywhere?

Back