stratos s8 forks parts an seals info needed

dan28

Senior Retro Guru
feeling slightly peed off I have a pair of stratos s8 forks in my loft the seals are made of blue rubber an they leak

I got another pair of s8 s a few weeks ago the seller told me the seals were changed under warrenty an the seals on these are black so I thought ok the seals are different they should be ok

fitted them yesterday they seemed fine gone to the bike today they are leaking too

I remember a while ago someone said they had sourced some seals that came from a jcb
does anyone have any info on these

Re:

I think it was a member on here called ramstein that said he fitted a seal meant for a jcb
Have any other stratos owners had any luck in finding seals

Re:

Pretty sure simply bearings sell seals, you would need to trawl through them to see if any fit.

Re:

Rammstein-dh was a scammer.
I was told that some motorcycle fork seals would fit. Go to a good motor bike shop with a leg and make them scratch their heads?
Big.eck was good for information on these.

Re: Re:

cyfa2809":23vv90ba said:
Rammstein-dh was a scammer.
I was told that some motorcycle fork seals would fit. Go to a good motor bike shop with a leg and make them scratch their heads?
Big.eck was good for information on these.

I remember ramstein said he used a seal from a jcb but there were no photos or part number so not sure if he actually did

I took them to a motorcycle shop but as they are push bike forks they weren't interested
brammer bearing s are unable to match the seals either

What I'd do Dan, take the forks apart and take the seals out - I've no experience with the forks so don't know if the are separate oil and wiper or both combined.

This is the company I get seals from at work http://www.dmrseals.co.uk/

They will make you what ever you want if they don't have them. If you don't know what you want then send them the old ones.

Dave

Re:

the forks are hydraulic and use automatic transmission fluid so it'll have to be a seal off a hydraulic ram or tractor/jcb ect. the cartridges tend to lock up randomly with normal fork oil (so i've heard) so you can't simply swap the seals for non hydraulic ones and run fork oil. when you get the size of the seal it shouldn't be hard to find some.

good luck, keep us posted :cool:

Latest posts

Back