1998 and 2003 boxxer advice needed.

going_downhill

Retro Guru
OK, I've got a 1998/1999 boxxer 151 that's apparently been converted by betd to 7" from its original 6" setting. I've then got a believed to be 2003 boxxer race (has brake boss holes but no hole drilled In the fork brace) which is also a 7" fork. My question is does anyone reckon these can be converted by swapping the positions of internal spacers? Or are they destined to be 7" for life? If parts are required I guess they won't exist anymore.

7" was the longest for the 03's and I'm dubious about any conversion on the 98/99's

The 8" forks had longer stanchions and different bushes in the fork lowers...

Have a look at TFTuned they have some good info on what can and cant be done

Cant really see much detail on the TF site for pre 05 forks... But will have another scout.

The 03 service guide shows the two white plastic spacers that usually sit on top of the coil springs (on 7" forks) repositioned to the damper and neutral shaft. Dunno if I'm confident enough to have a dabble and taking them down to 6" just based on this though!
https://www.sram.com/sites/default/file ... eGuide.pdf

boxxer":306tfxkd said:
7" was the longest for the 03's and I'm dubious about any conversion on the 98/99's

The 8" forks had longer stanchions and different bushes in the fork lowers...

Have a look at TFTuned they have some good info on what can and cant be done

Attachments

• Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    68.9 KB · Views: 226
Oh, and just to clarify, I want to take them down from 7" to 6" as my 98ish lobo and DHO bikes would have had the 151 in its 6" original format.

Back