K2 Proflex 4000 - Rear Shock help

Retro JB

Devout Dirtbag
Hi

I've decided to restore a '98 Proflex and it has a rear shock that measures 190mm eye to eye with 42mm travel - it's not a Noleen.

I'm looking around for a replacement, can anyone confirm these are the correct measurements for the shock? Any owners that could do a quick measurement for me, or anyone got a spec document? I've looked around on the web, but can't find anything.

Thanks in advance, JB

Re:

Any chance of a photo?
If it really has eyelets both ends, proflex were bad by fitting custom shock with threaded rod at one end making finding a replacement a pain, then i think fox air shock is available in 190 mm eye to eye, you would need the appropriate bushes.

Also ask on here

http://www.idriders.com/proflex/smf/

Re: Re:

02gf74":1j893m41 said:
Any chance of a photo?
If it really has eyelets both ends, proflex were bad by fitting custom shock with threaded rod at one end making finding a replacement a pain, then i think fox air shock is available in 190 mm eye to eye, you would need the appropriate bushes.

Also ask on here

http://www.idriders.com/proflex/smf/

Thanks for the response. Shock in the workshop so photo may have to follow. I was considering a Fox shock a replacement wanted to know what the specs were so I could replace 'like-for-like'.

Tried to register on the iriders site, but it doesn't seem to be allowing registrations.

JB

Re:

As long ad eye to eye lrngth is the same, fox do 190 mm, then you can adjust spring rate tk suit but filling it with ait.

Shocks tend to usr m6 bolt so itll be just getting the correct bushes, you may end up having to get a set made up. The last spanner in the wormd would br the fox shock physically wont fit in the space available.

Re:

That shock is too short. The standard Noleen shock length was 209mm I to I so yours will drop the back end too much. If you want to change it out for a Fox then the one to use is a 215mm. You have to invert the shock to fit it without frame alterations and Mojo suspension can supply the bushes. Top bushes are off the shelf but bottom bushes have to be turned down by a few MM each side. It doesn't affect the shock in any way running it inverted. If you are using crosslinks on the front then you can just run 5mm more sag in the rear. If you are going to use a modern tele fork then it will sit the front higher than the crosslinks so you can tune the rear to suit.
Here's the Fox float on my 4000 with crosslinks up front.
My 4000 and my Oz with Fox RP23 shock and Fox Talas forks.
IMG_0291.jpg

8990B19F-9ECC-46A6-B9E0-9D9065F0B244.jpg

Fit a Fox, it transforms the bike.

Thanks 02f74 & Spokes for taking the time to respond - much appreciated.

Somehow I missed your responses earlier. This is a great help and now I can crack on. JB

Back