What suspension for my Marin FRS Rift Zone?

Treker

Dirt Disciple
Hi guys,
I've got a 1997 Marin FRS Rift Zone and the rear shock is shocking! I think I measured it a while ago and was 185mm eyelet to eyelet, can someone confirm as I dont have the bike with me at the moment.

I've been looking at Fox rear shocks but I wasn't sure if any would fit as long as its 185 and has the eyelets at the end, unlike some Fox shocks I've seen.

Thanks,

Re:

I am having the same problem, except mine was measuring 175mm. Today I realised the shock isn't fully extending and it actully measures 185 when you pull it apart!

I have spoken to BETD and Kevin has advised a 190mm shock and they can then use offset bushes to regain the space if necessary.

I have abandoned the idea of doing it myself having already bought a shock of the wrong size :facepalm: . Over to the professionals for me.

Re:

Haviing checked the manufacturers websites no one does a 185 anymore, it is either 165 or 190. Unless you buy secondhand, apparently they are out there as are 180.

I foolishly bought a 165 and I can't even remove the existing shock. Even if I could I don't have the tools to remove the bushes without damaging them.

Re:

I was planning to get a second hand one.
Ok well someone else is saying they are 165 so I've no idea. Maybe I should wait and just get one sent from the UK...

Re:

If you need a 165 I have a brand new Raidon, you can have for £69.00 + postage ;)

I too was under the impression that 165 was correct for a Rift Zone, that is why I bought one on impulse. Mine is a Shore Line :facepalm: my advice is ignore the internet and measure it first and order later LOL.

Back