Air shock and DH bike

FST4RD

Senior Retro Guru
Hi all, almost finished building my Specialized Palmer DH bike. Thing is that the rear shock is a PUSH played with Fox Vanilla RC. Nice shock, but for the life of me trying to get a spring to suit my weight is going to be almost impossible, or very pricey.
I love air/oil rear shocks and have one on my trail bike. With this bike being a reasonably low leverage rate DH bike that won't get ridden too much, would fitting something like a Fox DHX3 Air be silly?
I can get one in the right length and stroke for super cheap from a friend.

Personally I'd stick with the coil. What makes you think it's going to be costly to replace the spring?

Re:

You know of any 850 pound or close springs to suit the earlier Fox Vanilla RC shocks?

Re: Re:

FST4RD":28bwxwie said:
You know of any 850 pound or close springs to suit the earlier Fox Vanilla RC shocks?

I've got a 650lb ti spring that fits the earlier Fox coil shocks, I'm guessing thats too light? £40 if you want it, think it was nearer £200 new!

Re:

650 will be too light. Ideally an 850 would be good, but I would settle for an 800 or 900.

Re: Re:

scant":1lwm054x said:
FST4RD":1lwm054x said:

I've got a 650lb ti spring that fits the earlier Fox coil shocks, I'm guessing thats too light? £40 if you want it, think it was nearer £200 new!

Pm sent Re this as long as it's no use to OP, Cheers

Latest posts

Back