Decal printing

Re:

Fairly sure that's what a friend of mine at work uses, who prints custom guitar decals for peeps all over the world...
Had him do my bars and forks

G

Re:

There is a post, quite a few years old now, using waterslip paper. I think it was that paper you link to as well.
Looked really good. I also have a feeling a set of my forks where redone using them before I bought them.

I gather inkjet is no good, even with archival inks[whatever they are]; laser or ALPS printers are OK.
All papers seem to be different, some are pretty rubbish, the cheapest seemed to be
the best to me! I haven't tried the laser version of the one linked to, I purposely didn't buy it as I saw posts about it melting to the fuser in colour Laserjets? That paper is cheaper if I bought it from a local modelshop.

I found I had to use a decal setting solution, Humbrol Decalfix, Microscale/Microset, the Humbrol seemed to work best, though the modelers recon it's crap and you need microxxx.

They are pretty fragile, you need to get a good clear on top of them.

There is a long[hundreds of pages I think] post on pinkbike about painting your own bike, one of the blokes[who has posted a lot] uses waterslide for finedetail.

Back