Shockworks Hot Shock

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
Impulse bought a set of above triple clamp forks to go on my Proflex Animal as they look very close in apearance to the OE forks for the Animal ie Girvin Pipeline Chubby. Maybe I should have stopped myself as now I can find zero info on the Shockworks forks and for that matter little info on Shockworks other than they are Taiwanese. I do recall shockworks made several triple clamp DH forks for lower than the competion prices but thats about all I know.

Anyone know anything about Shockworks forks and even anything specific about the Hot Shock model ?

Cheers

Re:

Have received the forks and they are basic but seem to work smoothly. I dont know how the seller defined them as ShockWorks as it has zero badging or stamped letters to say that. They only say Hot Shock which itself could be the brand. Totally non adjustable, possibly RST or Suntour derived. Steel stanchions, magnesium lowers and aluminium clamps. I suspect lowish end but pretty well put together with smooth travel. Should look the part on my bike and as retro suspension including what was originally fitted to my Proflex is low tech by todays standards, probably an ok fork.

Back