Why don't Hope do colours other than purple?

SouthCoastRetro

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I've been looking at Hope brakes for my 29er and love the look of their stuff but not the black or purple that they offer.
My problem with their range is you can only buy in black or purple as I said, but you can buy bore caps and lever blades in various colours, so why not offer those colours as standard? If I want to make my brake set co-ordinate it will cost me an additional £65 !!!

I don't think this is acceptable at all, the brakes cost enough so why not give us the option?

Re:

Surely the question you should be asking yourself is "why don't I like purple"?? :)

Just colour co-ordinate the rest of your bike around the brakes.

They used to do brakes in Silver, and Team Green. I'm afraid if you want to colour co-ordinate your bike in other colours then you pay a premium for the privilige.
You could always get some parts re-anodised in different colours??

Well thats me in trouble again :LOL:

And even a hint of team green to further annoy :LOL: :p

Attachments

• Hope purple 001 (Custom).JPG
    Hope purple 001 (Custom).JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 821
Cost? Im not aware of for example
Shimano giving a choice of colour. There are some like formula r1 that come in black, red, silver and blue with the same colours and gold available as caps.

Nothing wrong with black.

Re:

If you talk to a shop you can order red now because I asked Hope last week but seems nowhere in the UK are advertising them yet but they are all over Europe. Sad thing is they don't do SRAM shifter adapters in red or mount adapters.

Re:

BertR00t":3hh132p4 said:
If you talk to a shop you can order red now because I asked Hope last week but seems nowhere in the UK are advertising them yet but they are all over Europe. Sad thing is they don't do SRAM shifter adapters in red or mount adapters.

This is good news, I wonder if I could persuade them to order me some blue..? (I toyed with black or purple but the colour scheme of my bike just doesn't work with purple and I wanted to jazz it a bit?)

Back