Are these good or crap or what?

Re:

I suppose when you factor in the cassette and disc rotors are included it's not such a bad price, but that weight :facepalm: if there's one place you'll feel the difference in weight it's in the wheels.
The looks are a bit "Marmite", but each to their own.
If you want inexpensive disc wheels then keep an eye out for people upgrading their stock MTB disc wheels to Hope hoops etc, you can often find a set of OEM disc wheels at a bargain price and with little use as some folk will upgrade parts as soon as they have bought the bike, the rims might be labelled up as from the bike manufacturer, you can always remove labels if you wanted to.

Re:

A guy I work with has bought a set for a build and they look alright, not my cup of tea but he wanted the mag bmx look like he had when he was a kid.

I thought they looked heavy and was worried about what happens if they buckle. Apparently you freeze them and they go back in to shape.

Re:

Thanks for the info so far.
Wonder what quality the cassette and rotors are.

Putting them in the freezer was an 80's thing?
I never had mags but mates said that.

Has anyone looked through all their pictures?
Look to be a good UK based company.

Edit... the banner in the workshop is in Chinese :LOL:

Re:

Edit... the banner in the workshop is in Chinese

Holmes, you've done it again! :p

Carbon fibre tri-spoke and disc wheels obviously have their place for track and time trial events, but for everything else, I think there's a good reason why spoked wheels have been around for over a century. :D

Perfect for the Kirk lover in your life.

I thought the freezing trick only worked with the plastic mags?

Back