Help needed Mech hanger

simpatexys

Dirt Disciple
Hi fellow retrobikers,
So I'm helping out a mate with his Dawes Watoga, a little refurb.
Unfortunetly the rear mech hanger is broken in 2 and after scoundring the internet we ordered what we found to be the wrong one.
So question is going by the pics bellow can anyone identify and sugest where the heck I could find one?

Cheers guys,

Attachments

• small1.jpg
    small1.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 783
  • small2.jpg
    small2.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 783
Try contacting dawes?

Look for simikar on ebay, may be ckntact ebay seller who make be able to make one?

Can you modify the one you bought so that it would fit?

I've made a mech hanger for someone before now out of steel plate, it took a while (and weighed as much as the frame!) but was a perfect fit and got the bike working again when we couldn't track a replacement down.

There are a few different emergency or universal mech hangers out there, which might solve your problem...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Emergency-Gea ... 19fbfe25f9
$_57.JPG

or...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shimano-rear- ... 3cce4eea86
$T2eC16ZHJHQE9nzEy8tsBQ+qHJ71jw~~60_57.JPG

but before you try any of the above I'd contact Dawes directly and see if they have any, or if the same style mech hanger is used on other models?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Gearmechhanger.com

Have a word with Andy there, always happy to help and always got something like 400+ different ones so should be able to sort you out

Re:

Thanks to all for so many valid replies.
I have contacted Dawes via their on site form, now lets see about the good old customer support.
The bike is not "that" old so I reckon the hanger design should still be out there. Will contact the guys at gearmechhanger.com first thing tomorrow. And will definitely keep in mind the universal hanger option.
Again thanks to all there's no other forum like this one.
Will keep the thread posted for any developments

Back