Sus forks question

RickTheUncivil

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I recently acquired some Pace RC150s in need of some TLC. Working my way through the bits and bobs, cleaning and scraping. So, I popped the middle of the air valve in the bottom of the fork leg to see if the pressure was good, and out came a creamy sludge. The sort of oil-and-water muck you get in your engine when the head gasket fails, so my first thought was "oh, there's oil and water in my air piston. that's strange."

Its never happened to me before, caught me by surprise and splattered the garage wall and floor.

Please tell me thats normal?

I guess I'm in for a full strip down and rebuild then to clean that out.

Normal, who can day without having more data, but i doubt the manufacturer intended that.
Would indicate failed seals, riding under water or washing using a prrrssure washer.
Full strip down, clean and oil needed.

Cheers Liam. Yeah I found that, it's about the best I have found so far. The pics are great and really help, but I was hoping for something a bit more step by step. I have a habit of loosening a bolt which then pings across the room sending a fine spray of irreplaceable small parts into every nook and cranny, because I should have undone THAT bolt second, not first.

It's going to be bullet biting time soon, will see if I kill or cure....

Back