150-160mm bike recommendation Finale Ligure

sportbilly

Old School Hero
I am thinking of going off to Italy for a week to Finale Ligure in Italy to do some Enduro/ all moutain riding.

I have never had Full Susser before, they recommend taking a 150 -160mm travel bike. to hire a decent bike over there is looking at £300 which is expensive just to hire a bike.

so I am thinking off buying an ebay bike, or other sources, spending about£750 - £900, using it and then if i dont like it, selling it on afterwards.

Does anyone out there have any recommendations for full suss bikes. i was thinking of an Orange five, or a zesty or spicy?

Any advise, thanks ?

Re:

Defo recommend a 5, just get as new a one as you can. Quite important to get a post 2011 so you get 30.9mm seat post and tapered head tube.

Re:

You've never had a full susser before and are thinking of spending a week in Finale Ligure doing enduro and all mountain riding :shock:
Talk about jumping in the deep end!

Anyway, you won't lose money on an Orange 5 if you decide to sell it on afterwards, have a look at the Spesh Pitch/ camber as well.

Re:

Trek Slash.

Fives are bombproof and hold their value, but are outperformed by every 4 bar link or mini-link frame (and nearly every other single pivot frame).

Re: Re:

hirosawa":1hmchskc said:
Trek Slash.

Fives are bombproof and hold their value, but are outperformed by every 4 bar link or mini-link frame (and nearly every other single pivot frame).

No they are not.

Re: Re:

brocklanders023 said:
Defo recommend a 5, just get as new a one as you can. Quite important to get a post 2011 so you get 30.9mm seat post and tapered head tube.[/quote

+1 . Single Pivot FTW!

I wouldn't have any other trail bike apart from a five since getting one a few years ago. Pinkbike sometimes have some bargains kicking around. What height are you as I'll keep a lookout.

Ollie :) .

Back