So, 26", 27.5" and 29".

Kona-Ian

Senior Retro Guru
I have only ever riden a 26" so far,
What have you ridden and what do you prefer and what's the benefit of all these sizes?
What is better for what sort of riding?

I have ridden them all, and I reckon the bigger the better.

To quote someones signature from another forum I frequent.....

26" is a legacy from when all we had were old paperboys bikes, 29ers are what we got once we started making stuff that worked and 650b is for all the naysayers who can't bring themselves to admit bigger wheels are better.

26 for retro and 29 on my modern.

I find I can point my 29er at a lot more and be happy it'll make it over/ through. It makes downhilling crazy fast at times. The fact it has a lot more travel than my two retro full sussers does assists this though.

The 29ers take longer to accelerate but the pay off is the fact once you get going you can get up to high speed and keep it.

I find my 26er's more nimble though.

I haven't tried a 27.5 for a full ride but had a go on a mates and to me the difference to a 26er was negligible.

Minifreak":21pg44r5 said:
26 for retro and 29 on my modern.

I find I can point my 29er at a lot more and be happy it'll make it over/ through. It makes downhilling crazy fast at times. The fact it has a lot more travel than my two retro full sussers does assists this though.

The 29ers take longer to accelerate but the pay off is the fact once you get going you can get up to high speed and keep it.

I find my 26er's more nimble though.

I haven't tried a 27.5 for a full ride but had a go on a mates and to me the difference to a 26er was negligible.

x 2 :)

I'm 6 3" and yet to try a 29'er. I'm content on my 26 and wouldn't change it for the world so there is no point in me changing. I have fun on my bike and that's all I can ask for...

Ollie":1kg296vw said:
I'm 6 3" and yet to try a 29'er. I'm content on my 26 and wouldn't change it for the world so there is no point in me changing. I have fun on my bike and that's all I can ask for...

Until you try one.

I hadn't tried v brakes until a couple of years ago. :)

I don't know, I will try one and stay open minded but there is nothing wrong with my current bike. The Orange Segment does look really fun but I've only ever had Fives ...

Back