Getting the 'hump with my camelbak

unit3

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I bought my Camelbak new a few months back, and have only used it twice, both times in the last month, but I cant get rid of the revolting taste I get from it.

I only put water in it, and have tried washing it out a load of times with just fresh water, but it is still the same :?

Any advise?

I use steradent. Leave it soaking and run it through it.

And flavour the water.

The History Man":1425dwwx said:
I use steradent. Leave it soaking and run it through it.

And flavour the water.

The stuff for cleaning false nashers? never thought of that cheers :)

Re:

I tried several back pack water bladders and several attempts to get rid of the taste of plastic; nothing worked for me, so I've gone back to using water bottles.

Soak it with Milton, only use it with water (or clean it immediately after use!), store it in the freezer. Mine doesn't taste of anything. Except what I put in it.

Re:

I've never tried Milton tablets, so I'll give them a go.

However, I'm not optimistic, I don't think it's an issue with cleanliness; I've only ever put water in it and the bladder I have can be turned inside out for cleaning and drying. It's the taste of the plastic itself that's the problem. :?

Re:

That's the exact issue I have, how do they sell so many when they taste so bad!

I will try the milton wash anyway and report back.
Until then, it's back to the bottle for me also :)

Re:

That's the exact issue I have, how do they sell so many when they taste so bad!

I wonder if some people are more sensitive to it and just taste it more than others. :?

There was something on the radio a while back about supertasters: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=hydra ... pertasters

There's a few things on the list of things that supertasters are said not to like which I don't, for example wine essentially just tastes sour and nasty to me, and some vegetables, I find swede, parsnips, turnips and carrots quite unpleasant and bitter, although I'm fine with most grean leafy vegetables and I like Brussels sprouts. :?

Latest posts

Back