Spotted in second hand shop, Intense?

Spudly

Retrobike Rider
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Was in a place called money express this morning collecting a phone on behalf of chrisv40, and spotted this little thing hiding in a corner, didn't pay it too much attention till I spotted the fire FR 2.4 tyres on it so I had a second look, rock shox pilot forks, air rear shock,disc compatible xt hubs on mavic rims,maguras, cane Creek headset,xt shifter and rear mech and had 'Intense' stickers all over it and looked in damn good condition!

Enquired as to how much it was and was staggered to be told it was up for £79, but sadly not for sale currently due to one of the pivot bolts being missing so they couldn't warranty it so couldn't legally sell it, I offered £50 sold as seen but he said till they had tried to fix it they couldn't offer it for sale warrantied or otherwise :-(

Is it actually an intense as sticker ed or is it a bso with some lovely bits on it?

More importantly, does anyone recognise it and for that price is anyone missing it as it can't be legit for £79!!

It's an old bike though to them so they sell them cheap.

I bought a beautiful Cargyll racing bike from my local cash converters for £49 last summer. Shame it was far too small for me and I don't do skinny tyres ;)

Aye i know but even so i expected £150-£200 surely, he said he couldnt do it for £50 though as they paid more than that, tempted to ring back as he said someone was coming back to see it at 1pm to see what they were planning to do it with and was willing to pay £79 for it even with no warranty, although he told me they werent allowed to sell something they couldnt offer a warranty on!

Re:

You should have given him £79 spud.... Not Intense but sum of parts worth a lot more than £79

good to see your still alive ;) :LOL: do you still ride bikes ?

Re:

I would've bartered a little more but he said technically they couldn't sell it, but did have someone coming back at 1 pm to look at it again, ive rung since and he left a deposit on it, grr!
And yes I'm still alive, and still riding you cheeky sod lol, was out on sunday enjoying the new dusty stuff that's replaced the usual gloopy sloppy stuff our trails have been made of recently lol!

Re:

L@@K CUSTOM PUSHBIKE/ HYDRAULIC BRAKES/ SINGLE CRANK intense/marrin/orange/

nice pushbikewith marrin bits

Looks same down to the valve caps! Good detective work.

Seller looks to be a bit of a mong, spelink mistales and UPPER CASE description.

Be interesting to know what is the instant profit.

Minifreak":tm5vbadx said:
It's an old bike though to them so they sell them cheap.

I bought a beautiful Cargyll racing bike from my local cash converters for £49 last summer. Shame it was far too small for me and I don't do skinny tyres ;)

Thats where my marin quake 9.0 came from :D
C ash converters doesnt yield much usually with their worn out tools and dvd's But hark, is that full XT m739 i see on that marin :shock:.

Seems it might be worth a look in the local CC :? Visit one near you.

I would have told them its meant to be like that :LOL:

Latest posts

Back