MacRetro Rider
Yeti Fan
Feedback
View

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    282.6 KB · Views: 797
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I saw the IF version of these at Bespoked a couple of years ago it is amazing to see in the flesh.

saw one when they came out at shop in Edinburgh and youre right it was just beautiful, almost art. No idea if they ride well, but would you care?

Re:

I don't understand the front end design. The top and downtube are close together at the headtube joins. With a headtube that looks far too long.
Ugly IMO, to which I'm entitled.

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":1ko24mwy said:
I don't understand the front end design. The top and downtube are close together at the headtube joins. With a headtube that looks far too long.

Mike

^^^ never noticed at first, now I can't stop looking and thinking why?

if I'm honest Mike .....I'd trot on by as well and leave others to enjoy it just like I'd do for just about every Klien thats ever been built (so at least it would be in expensive company)

Re:

I don't understand the front end design.

I'm guessing, but I think it's so that the where the top and down tubes fit the head tube is one diameter, the thinner part. If it were to join where the head tube flares, it would require a lot more complicated mitre.

I just looked at the ad. I'm not sure how you get 27 gears with 2 rings up front and 9 at the back. :? :p

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":1j4xuiq7 said:

Mike

Correctly spotted. It's common to many US made road frames - no idea why but my guess is this: spacers are hardly needed anymore.
if you want to go down further just cut the HT. Not the most stupid idea if you ask me.
In addition, superelevation is major roadbike issue, especially with larger fellas.
With this HT design, you just got more space for adaption without the need of stacking up spacers.
ALL this is pretty obsolete and useless on a frame with a semi-or fully-integrated headset.
Here is an example @ my serotta:

1786820-1l7xdkowa5to-pict0008-large.jpg

+ I agree with you in this case - small road frames look hardly better than their medium/large brothers. So this adds up negatively, too, and the fact it's a frame with an integrated Headset. Two things that don't fit together well.
Apart from the frame this Merlin build up is awful - the wheels in particular.

This is still my reference when it comes to titanium road build-ups - although i prefer horizontal TT, not a compact frame.

moots2.JPG

Cheers

Re:

$_57.JPG

Much better example if you ask me. Lot of Ti builders as Bill Holland do Carbon Ti combined tubing for years now.

Back