FSR Cable routing

electronicaeric

Gold Trader
Specialized Fan
Feedback
View
MOVED FROM ANOTHER SECTION AS REQUESTED:Hi all,I have a bit of a dilemma. Im new to full sussers but have bought a 2007FSR XC COMP as a bit of a project.The link had snapped,so I found another,the bearings are shot,so I have some coming,the shock is buggered,so I found another.I am now on the last quest before I can send her off to be painted.Problem is the BB cable guide is missing.And I cant figure out how the rear gear cable goes from lever to frame,then no outer and back to cable with outer down the chain stay. Am I right in saying the the BB guide has a stop,so the bare cable goes into this and then comes back out again with the outer on it?
If anyone could show my a picture,or a link,or has the correct guide they could sell me please let me know.

Pictures now added,the guide in the picture is from a Boardman.

2 nd photo, guide on rh side looks like it should have slots for a cable tie to wrap round the gear outer cable. Should be similar one at the top of the down tube and two more on seat stay.

In other words, the gear cable is fully enclosed from shifter to rear mech, tis like that on 2009 epic.

Re:

Will check tonight.I seem to recall the upper mount being a stop type.I will check and get another picky.

Cheers :D

Re:

Ive sussed it. The cable does remain fully covered,but it crosses from one side to the other. Obvious looking at it now,but although I have heard of cables being crossed,I have never seen one until now.

Back