To Pop Loc or Not?????

misteroo

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
Just sending my Reba's off to TF Tuned for a service. I was wondering weather to have a Pop loc fitted while they are there??.

Currently has the crown fitted lock out.

I know some people still prefer the normal Lockout.

So..is it worth the upgrade?? Any pros and cons??

Re:

If like me you forget to "unlock" your fork until you've committed to a run then yes get it fitted as it's a lot easier than bouncing down one handed whilst trying to find the lever on the top of the fork.

If you never do this then I'd suggest that you don't actually need the remote and can spend your money on even more upgrades. :D

Re: Re:

shedobits":2347v9z1 said:
If like me you forget to "unlock" your fork until you've committed to a run then yes get it fitted as it's a lot easier than bouncing down one handed whilst trying to find the lever on the top of the fork.

If you never do this then I'd suggest that you don't actually need the remote and can spend your money on even more upgrades. :D

Mmmmm......done that a few times!!!, :oops:

Re:

You may lose the ability to adjust the low speed compression, depending on which type of pop lock you go for and if your fork had that in the first place.

Yep, don't think I'm going to bother after seeing the cost of just the parts!!!!!!!
I've coped with not having one for years!

I would favour a remote lockout but would depend on the price. Whatchya been quoted?

02gf74":2kvws41g said:
I would favour a remote lockout but would depend on the price. Whatchya been quoted?

The parts at Tf Tuned are £122. I thought it was a simple case of just adding the Pop Loc but the workings of the Motion Control are slightly different and have to be changed!

Re: Re:

suburbanreuben":36iff30v said:
I wouldn't bother. The only levers you need on your bars are brake levers.

Yes....will definitely venture down that route one day!!!

Re:

Probably easier to buy some similar forks with the Poploc already fitted, then sell the ones you have to recoup some of the outlay.

I've gone from having a handlebar remote to having it on the top of the forks, once you remember about it it's not such an inconvenience.... although initially there were a few times when I locked them out for a climb then wondered why I was getting no travel on the descent :facepalm:

Latest posts

Back