Suggestions please...help!!

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
So you know how it is....

Saw an ad for some amazingly light Manitou R7 100mm travel forks, and - oh look - a CK Patriot headset. Both turn up and are in pretty much mint condition. Only the frame I thought they might go on is far too long in the head tube to accommodate the 180mm steerer on the forks. However, they would fit my 16" Kona but it's a '98 frame made for much shorter travel and the head angle would be dangerously compromised I feel...

So, what to do. I've sold all the frames I possess apart from the Kona and am looking for a frame to hang these off. Axle to crown is 475mm, so I need something that can take that, and V brakes is a must. Probably falls between two stools I reckon. Of course, I will also need some appropriately excellent condition brakes, wheels, chainset....and everything I have is tatty!

Building a bike around a set of forks, who would have thought it :facepalm: :LOL:

(Edit: and at this point I don't care if it's hardtail or full sus, steel or ali. Though steel hardtail would be most excellent)

So any suggestions for a V brake compatible frame capable of handling 100mm travel?

Re:

:facepalm:

I 'persuaded' him to have my 24seven Dark Angel frame, he may not have forgiven me yet....

Will have a look. Aren't they a bit heavy though...? Or perhaps I shouldn't worry about that! :LOL:

Re:

Ha ha, yes it's on my 'watch' list!! For that money I could get it resprayed in Kawasaki green...hmmmm.... :twisted:

Re:

I've messaged that seller and Reanimation about the head tube length.... it's crucial to be fair, or I'll have to flog the forks!! :facepalm:

Re:

Well, the DMR, Mongoose, and Mamadirt's Spooky are all out, too long in the head tube. I reckon 100mm max is what I'm looking for, and probably an XC orientated machine... :roll:

Back