X Fusion 02RC.Where can I get an repair kit?

electronicaeric

Gold Trader
Specialized Fan
Feedback
View
Hi,Im just rebuilding a 2007 specialized XC Comp with an X Fusion 02RC 7.0x1.6". Could anyone point me in the direction of a repair kit for this float or recommend a newer float that would fit.My biggest concern about replacing the OE float is the diameter of the eyelets and the thickness of the float where it meets the frame/rear fsr.

Any help would be most appreciated.

The UK distributor is:

UPGRADE BIKES LTD
Star Road Unit A/B, Partridge Green,
West Sussex, RH13 8RA
tel: +44 (0) 1403 711 611
fax: +44 (0) 1403 710 753
Info@Upgradebikes.co.uk
http://www.upgradebikes.co.uk

They should be able to help with parts. A Fox Float would be a nice upgrade but bear in mind that Specialized often use custom shock lengths and strokes so you may need to get a shock altered by TF Tuned or similar.

Re:

Hello E of B. Thanks for the reply. Having spoke to one or two firms,its looking like I have to send my unit in for rebuild,at a cost of 100. So I have found a Dt Swiss unit for half the price with remote lock out too. So the build continues. I have been lucky enough to get a nos hollowlink off the bay as mine had been welded up and was hiding lots if mess. Now im just weighing up gear cable routing as the bb guide is missing.

Eric.

If anyone can show me photo of the bb guide on a Spec 2007 xc comp it would be a big help.

£100 isn't too bad a price. Is the DT shock second-hand? Might be worth factoring a service in to the cost of buying the DT if it is use, just in case.

Afraid I can't help with the guide, I'd have thought the gear cable guide should be a pretty standard job though.

Re:

50 quid for the shock(five months old)but wont know how good it is until its fitted,and a tenner for local engineering firm to machine down the top hats to suit the link/frame. So Im happy at that. Im not impressed that repair kits are unavailable for the xfusion. Shame because it would a have been a reasonable shock BITD.

Back