Fsa chainrings

alans27

Old School Hero
Gents I got my girlfriend a rather nice Pinnacle neon 2 hybrid off eBay this afternoon. The chain on it is all black and nasty and so are the back cogs so I've got new ones on order to make it look nice and shiny :)

Thing is I suspect the outer front chainring could be worn too. I won't know for sure until I get a new chain on but it's a possibility.
So if I do need a new chainring can I just stick any brand on or does it have to be an FSA one? I know I've got to match the bcd which I think is 110. But other than that can I use any brand?

Thanks.

Must add, what a really, really nice bike this Pinnacle is. Considering it's not a big brand name and done entirely through Evans cycles it's very impressive. It's a gorgeous red colour, really nice looking and it's also really light and rides nicely too. If you want to get a bike for your other half, consider a pinnacle.

Re:

Any chainring of the same BCD and number of bolts should be fine. Try and get one with around the same number of teeth.
FSA rings are quite nice though.

Re:

That's great thanks for the reply bud.
Turns out after all that I don't think it'll need a chain ring anyway. Which saves me some cash :)

Back