bargain...

For close to two grand, i would expect it to come with a carbon 29er frame, forks and wheels.

Re:

Expensive! But, it will likely get cheaper and there might be some advantages and you could do some interesting things with a programmable electronic system.

There's no cables to gum up and with hydraulic brakes and electronic shifting, there's no cable friction anywhere.

The thin electric cables can be routed more easily.

A system that allowed you to program the shift distance would allow you to use the same mech and shifters with any cassette spacing.

Main problem to me with an electrically powered system is ensuring the batteries are charged.
Does the Di have a generator like the old Mavic electronic rear mech had driven by one jockey wheel?

Shifter cables last ages and need nothijng doing before each ride, you can set off knowing the battery wont run oht.

But I guess you need a different mindset and get in the habbit of charging the battery, I do that with my LED lamps and so fad have only ran out of juice once in maybe 5 years of use.

Re:

I'd love this new XTR groupo tbh. I especially like how it only requires one shifter as it knows what ratio is next in line. Sweeeeet.

At least this has a proper spread of gears and has fancy electrics to partly excuse the cost. Have you seen the RRP on the top Sram 11sp stuff?

Back