centrelock adapter for 6 bolt rotor

02gf74

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Smaller choice of centrlock disc than 6 bolt type so thinking of getting adapter.

Seem to be 2 main typed:
1. Lockring holds adapter in place and disc bolts to it
2. Adapter had 6 pegs that locate the disc, lockring clamps over the disc.

Advantages of each?
Im guessing type 2 is lighter plus quicker to change a disc.

I don't think I've seen the type 2 you've described.

I bought a set of the type 1 off ebay, and tried to use them on an XTR M965 wheel but they didn't work. The rotor sat too far outboard of the wheel, and it was impossible to get the caliper to line up.

I'm pretty sure the issue was the odd flange on the hub, and not the adapters. Instead, I bought Shimano center-lock rotors in the same size - problem solved.

I had the second type on an XT hub, as mentioned there was a little play but it didn't seem to effect the operation.

Looking at the tiny photos on ebay i am now not sure if the type 1 i descrkbed exist, or at least i cant see ang. I dkd wonfer whether there would be space for the bolt heads when the lockring is fitted.

Type 2 has 6 pegs and usually the bolt holes in the rotor give a bit of pkay around the bolts, which goes away when bolts are tightened. Having the lockring do this job, there can be some pkay (backlash), and this is mrnstjoned in one of the ads, but that shouldnt matter.

^^^^ can you point me to the type 1 (6 bolt) as i cannot find any.

Re:

I used some Ashima ones from Merlin. They worked well. No play. It was the type with the six prongs.

Back