I have a problem for Specialized S-Works M4

zaskar_team

Retro Newbie
I started the new project,
because I found the fantastic S-Works M4 in the eBay by chance.

But I could not find the suitable rear derailleur hanger.
Please help me.
How can I overcome the big problem?

Attachments

• IMG_0800.JPG
    IMG_0800.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 1,265
  • IMG_0912.JPG
    IMG_0912.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 1,265
  • IMG_0916.JPG
    IMG_0916.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,265
  • IMG_0917.JPG
    IMG_0917.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,265
  • IMG_0918.JPG
    IMG_0918.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 1,265
  • IMG_0914.JPG
    IMG_0914.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 1,265
If the axle sits square with the silver hanger, I'd just enlarge the hole in the hanger. If it is aluminium, you could fill the hole using Lumiweld (an Al solder) and redrill the hole accurately.

You could re-drill a new hole in the black hanger one (pretty close to the original one but should still work). Then re-tap the new hole and done. In case you screw up it's only the hanger that gets destroyed (no big loss). The new thread might not be very strong but the other one is solid and those screws don't really support the weight. Kind of a bodge fix but it could work and you don't need to touch the fame. Or you could ask Wheels Manufacturing for an un-drilled hanger? (don't know if they would accommodate though)....

If you run just one bolt you should be fine. The bolts just hold the hanger on the frame. for when there is no wheel in it. I have an orignal P3 which i ran for ages with just one bolt. As the hanger was steel, and the thread where the bolt goes had rusted.
As said above, the wheel it's self will hold it all together.
If you wanted to try a different manufacturer of hangers Betd make a spare hanger for it too.

I have hanger on cannondale with two holes, one if which is stripped. I am using a longer bolt and nut with shakeproof washer, there is nothing to interfere with that, if you have space to do the same, than that is one solution.

I could buy a new hanger but not really worth it. It does not look as tidy but do i care?

Back