Reba help please

nelly

MacRetro Rider
So I went ahead and bought a set Of Rockshox Rebas RL's which I found locally on Gumtree. The condition is minty and the lad assured me he has never run them off road - so I went ahead and bought them. The catch is that he didn't have a Poploc for them - and Rebas post 2013 are default locked, so unless you fit a Poploc you can't run them unlocked - you follow me?

So he sourced a Poploc and sent it over to me - and that was when I realised that cable stop mech that sits on top of the fork crown is missing. I have the Poploc lever that sits on my handlebars and the cable that runs down to the forks, but no mechanism to attach to the forks. The component in question should have come with the forks, and not with the Poploc as the vendor thought

Is it possible to order the part direct from Rockshox - the problem there is I suspect, if possible, it might be expensive. So is it possible to reverse the default locked setting and ditch the Poploc all together?

I need help please - this is my first ever modern build!

Reversing the poplock is not an option as far as I know. Just take the fork and poplock lever to your LBS and he'll be able to figure out exactly which part(s) you need. He'll also be able to order them.

As for the money part, it's hard to predict the price. Your LBS will either know the price or will be able to ask his supplier for it.

I disabled the poploc on my revelations, its really simple to do, you remove the motion control cartridge, unhook the poplock return spring, then refit the cartridge.

You should be able to find the instructions online, i did last week.....

You can also swap the blue knob over for the manual version if you want, i never bothered, i just used the poploc one, i can still turn it by hand easy enough.

FWIW, the difference between manual and poploc (least on my revelation forks)
1. Different blue knob, my crown does have a cable stop though.
2. Poploc has a return spring on motion control cart
3. Under blue knob, poplock has thin plastic spacer, manual version has o ring instead of spacer to give a little more resistance to the knob.

Thats it, you dont even remove the return spring, you just unhook it.....

I've been down the LBS and they have been in touch with Sram about tracking down the missing part. Fingers crossed. Thanks all for advice.

Reba RL remote lockout system is a piece of crap with a lot of warranty issues.

Change it to a normal dial and drop the remote.

If you're still looking for one let me know as I'm pretty sure I've got a spare one that came off a scrap pair of forks.

I disabled my poploc form the Cube HT. It stopped working, swap of cables and outers changed nothing, quick Google and its a known problem, due to the weak return spring.

Using the various guides I disabled the return spring, and removed the lever, cable and outer. I kept the blue dial, but sliced an old road inner tube into a ring, and used adhesive to stick it around the blue 'dial' to give it grip.

When the poploc worked it was kind of handy, but I certainly don't miss it. Poor design.

Ordered part from USA - now fitted and functioning. Seems pretty cool, but lets see if it lasts.

Back