Fatty D Help !

Antstark

Gold Trader
Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
Now I realise that Fatty D wasn't a late 90s rapper :facepalm: :D but a set of Cannondale headshok forks then I am after some help with servicing them.

Anyone got an hints, tips or pointers ...or parts! or I am resigned to handing them over to the nearest Cannondale dealer to fleece me for the pleasure.

Cheers folks

There have been a couple of threads recently nov/dev 2014 about the headshok. I posted photo of my home made tool to remove the damper, you probably will need something similar.

Cheers, I'll try and find them. I have already made myself a castle tool to remove the innards from my set of P bone MC60s.

02gf74":whxxnkjq said:
There have been a couple of threads recently nov/dev 2014 about the headshok. I posted photo of my home made tool to remove the damper, you probably will need something similar.

Attachments

• IMG_1124.JPG
    IMG_1124.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,032
^^^ yep, castle nut tool like the one you made except with the cannondale damper there is a large diameter nut so your tool will not get over it, there needs to be a slot on one side to fit the damper from the side.

Ah ok....have you got a pic of the tool that you made to do the job ? thanks again.

02gf74":3p60xciq said:
^^^ yep, castle nut tool like the one you made except with the cannondale damper there is a large diameter nut so your tool will not get over it, there needs to be a slot on one side to fit the damper from the side.

Re:

Think there's a PDF in the link I posted earlier showing Headshok and Lefty tools. Look on Vintage Cannondale for your Headshok as the info for each one gives the number of the castle tool required to remove cartridge. There are several different ones so one that fits one Headshok or Lefty might not fit another. I've 2 Leftys made a year apart, the tool for the later one doesn't fit the earlier one. Same with the Headshoks I've got, bought a supposedly universal Lefty/Headshok castle tool, it doesn't fit one of the Headshoks nor the earlier Lefty. :facepalm:

Here is low quality photo. Piece of steerer tube, cut the slot then wrap around a socket anf hit with hammer to get the right diameter. Weld onto piece of steel angle iron for rigidity before filing the lugs.

Attachments

• CAM00119-1.jpg
    CAM00119-1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 995
Back