Marzocchi Bomber Servicing, Help!

DominicH83

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I must be missing something here, how the hell am I supposed to remove the plug to service the forks? I've got the schrader valve attaching puller tool thing, I've tapped the plugs down a bit, removing the c clips and now no matter how much I pull those plugs will not move.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated!

They're Bomber Z5's, the whole plug removal thing seems to be the same across a lot of Marzocchi forks though, I had the same thing with a pair of mid 90's xc600's that resulted in some nice looking scrap metal.

I've downloaded a copy of the manual, however that makes removing the plus look like something that is easily achieved.

If you can move it carefully by using the ventil tool, you can also pull it out.

"FIG. 2
Tighten protector (C) in place again and extract
the cap (4) from the stanchion. Pull hard to overcome
the resistance offered by the O-ring (5)."

The XC600 had some diffuculties with corroded stanchions tube ends OR if a spring tuning kit has been installed - in this case it is a little bit tricky to pull the cap down with one hand and take the clip out ;-)

Does the edge of the stanchion tube has a kink or is scratched? This will prevent the pull out ...

DominicH83":23bpq70m said:
Yeah that diagram makes it look really easy. I've pulled and pulled and the top cap will not budge sadly.

Back