and the winter is? hope vs use

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
My pipedream is built up but I now have a hope stem and eternity post in my stash. Currently the bike is built up with hope brakes and hubs, use stem, bars, post and saddle.

Aside from the cosmetics, which parts would be considered better and should I consider swapping the hope on or leaving the use kit in situ?

I could swap the seat clamp to a hope one too, especially as I was aiming for a brit build (well not initially but it went that way), but the thompson one is very nice and I've heard bad things about the hope ones.

Anyone got any thoughts on what's best? The posts seem to work in exactly the same way clamp wise (use came first so did hope borrow the idea?). Which would be he better stem (both same size and rise, use has ti bolts and a narrower face plate).

Currently there is a sense of symmetry with the bits fitted, if I swapped stems and post, the saddle and bars would be orphaned from the rest of the family, but the brakes and hubs would be gaining family members.

Re:

What have you heard bad about Hope ones? Used a few on different builds and had no issues at all. Currently using a Salsa on my Orange though as I feel the QR is easier to use with gloves on.

It's more related to the bolt versions and the bolt being easy to snap. I have a qr version though, the thompson I'd a bolt one.

Back