Need help finding a suitable QR seat clamp

eshew

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've got a few criteria that must be met:

1. Long life, think close to forever.
2. Capable of withstanding water mud & grit for much of it's life.
3. Need to be comfortable when hands are wet and cold from wet winter riding
4. Easily adjustable to deal with seat tube/seat post contamination

I haven't had any luck finding what I want. The hope levers are short and narrow. Most others have a cheap surface treatment that will break down leading to the current and horrible AL - AL situation I'm in now. Whatever plastic bushing my current stock QR used to have fell out long ago.

I sent a message to Hope requesting a longer wider lever... here's to hoping!

In the mean time I need something in 34.9mm

Re:

Older Shimano Q/R. Still working 25+ years on. Excellent and easy can action .

Saying that the newer ones are much the same design just more aluminium.

Re:

Hope levers are quite nice if not as nice as the internal can Shimano.
If you can't grab the end then turn it around so its in an easier position. It doesn't have to be wrapped in around the tube.

I really like the superstar one I have on my modern bike. Only £6.99 and a massive flat lever so tight but easy to use.

coomber":4tcc4j1t said:
I really like the superstar one I have on my modern bike. Only £6.99 and a massive flat lever so tight but easy to use.

Second the superstar ones, nice action and the little thumb wheel makes set up easy.

Re:

Thanks for the tips! I looked at the salsa one but didn't like the fact there was no brass bushing. Decided to go with a Chromag hopefully it'll live up to the hype. I liked the combo of brass bushing and long flat lever. The adjusting nut looks pretty small but hopefully it won't be an issue. I'll start looking for some old internal cam shimanos to compare it to. Those did work great from what I remember.

Back