Bikerack for Hyundai ix35

Eric_S

Retro Newbie
Has anyone any experience of carry bikes on their ix35. I have a towball mounted rack which I'm happy with but I can't use that when towing, which leaves roof bars/carriers or rear hatch mounting as possible alternatives. I'd prefer the rear hatch mounting but I'm unsure of this since some companies say it is not possible/safe due to plastic parts on the rear door.
Has anyone successfully used a rear hatch mounted rack and if so, what make/model was it?
Cheers, guys

I can't help on the rear door, but if you have the same roof rails as the latest sportage, the OE roof rails (made by mount blanc) fit really well - better than thule:D

WD :D

Thanks WD. Not sure what Sportage rails are like but mine are about 4cm high and solid with no air gaps underneath although there are several pairs of holes on the inside which presumably are fixing points. I've had bikes on the roof before and have never been entirely comfortable with the feeling of swaying when cornering so was interested in whether rear-mounted might be better.

Eric

Yeah, they sound the same :D This is the best picture I have uploaded of them :

The holes in the back accept pins on the clamps of the Kia (mount blanc) rack - when I looked around this was the only rack that used the holes for additional strength / security.

From memory I think I paid £110 ish for the OE Kia alloy aero rails :D

Can't help you with the rear rack though sorry :-(

WD :D

Back