bar mounted lock out - which side?

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Nearly there with my build, well I say that, the brakes arrived today but the hose is way short so need to sort that, but I also need to work out where to put the bar mounted lockout and also which version to use.

I've got some new Reba rlt forks and also bought a second bar mount, one that allows the adjusting of the compression rather than it being simply locked or unlocked. Is this actually a useful adjuster or pointless? If useful, or indeed if just fitting the standard one, which side of the bar is it best fitted to? The adjuster is on top of the right/drive side fork leg if that sways anything?

Cheers

I think it depends if you're left or right handed really. It's just personal preference.

I'm right handed, and always had the fork lockout lever on the left.

Now I just have the dropper post switch on the bars, but I have that on the right... go figure...

Personally I can see the point in a remote Lock-Out lever (but I can, and do, live without one), but one for just compression??? don't see the point tbh.

Thanks. The lever is for lock out, locking compression but has an adjuster that allows you to also vary the compression rate rather than simply locking the forks out.

I think I may need to look at pics of how people have them mounted to get a better idea as to what works and the cable runs.

Where ever you put it unless your running a 1x set up it wont fit how you want it to. Best way is to find somewhere it will fit and can be used easily.

I just reach down and twiddle the lever on the forks , hardly ever bother anyway as if it's set up right there's very few times when you need to lock the forks out .

Re:

On my Dekerf (maguras) it's on the right. On my Dean SS (rebas) it's on the left. I Don't know where I'd put it if I had gears; it's a bloody silly design.
I prefer a knob on top but beggars can't be choosers .

Matthews":z8ysy3r0 said:
I just reach down and twiddle the lever on the forks , hardly ever bother anyway as if it's set up right there's very few times when you need to lock the forks out .
True, kind of wish I'd gone for the manual version tbh but it's spring loaded so not possible to adjust without the lever.

Anyone able to point me at some pics of cable runs as I think this will probably determine where I put it.

Re:

only pic I have showing the remote lockout cable I think...

it really makes no odds which side it goes insofar as cable routing, it's more to do with you being comfortable using it.
Now I remember, the bike came with the lockout mounted on the left side, it worked for me, so it stayed there.

Back