2004 Fox Forx Vanilla 125r rebound problem...

ChrisBrown81

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all,

I've a pair of '04 Fox vanilla 125r's and the rebound knob just keeps spinning....whichever way I turn it :( The forks rebound really slow atm and I really need it sorting.

Does that mean the cartridge is f**ked or do we think it may be salvagable? They're in great condition so I really don't want to just throw them on the scrap heap just yet!

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

I think they'll need a new damper mate.

The bad news is that the cost of this (if they're still available from Mojo) may write the forks off. Reckon your best bet is to get a spares or repairs pair and cabbage the bit you need. There should be loads like this due to people's inability to keep them clean and destroying the coating on the stanchions.

Re:

^^ What he said. The shaft that the knob is connected to has probably sheared off. Mojo might be able to repair it if the parts are still available, though this would be part of a service which is ~£100 or thereabouts.

So it turns out it's the meter rod that's snapped...hopefully all is not lost! mojo said £59 labour and £15 for the part to fix :) I would have a go myself but I've never done it before, at that price I think it's worth it though :)

Latest posts

Back