Adventure Bike?

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Had last week off and as I still do not have a bike I borrowed my mates too big for me and a bit heavy Cotic Soul out to play. I just wanted to explore the countryside by country lanes around the Vale of Glamorgan.
Monday 35 miles
Tuesday 35 miles
Thursday 40 miles
Saturday 75 miles
Spent too much time getting lost and double tracking and stopping to check my map but by the end of it I knew,
1. I had a heap of fun
2. MTBs are no longer for me I need an Adventure bike
3. I need a Garmin thingyamajig

Something like this?
But what else is out there?
http://www.roadbikereview.com/reviews/i ... er-pro-3-1

Get a Subaru :LOL:

c500d26ec4d1b8659d266a7aee928025_zps6418f854.jpg

Re:

I do that kind of thing on my retro Scott.

"Adventure Bike"? :? what the hell?? isn't a mountainbike an Adventure Bike?

It's not about the bike, it's about the rider and the adventure :)
Just get out & ride your MTB more.

That Marin looks nice, but if you're going to get rid of the drops and the brake/gear shifters you may as well get yourself down to Halfords for a Boardman hybrid in the first place...

If you're going to do a few miles on the road you might that you appreciate the drops for a change of position and for getting your head down in the wind.

Don't know what your current ride is - I can't keep track - but if it's got discs then you might just want to get a rigid fork and some nice light cross/29er wheels and cross tyres and stick them in your existing frame. Transforms a slog into a bit less of a slog.

Love my Spooky Supertouch for exploring the highways and byways of N Wales - has the bonus of being very light to lift over gates where the Welsh farming art of crocheting gates shut with antique baler twine has been employed.

Attachments

• spooky_collective 013.jpg
    spooky_collective 013.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 393
My first thought is that you should put Mary bars, Almotions and and a rigid fork on the old mtb of your choice and save a grand. But if there's an actual difference between this and adventure bike that you can explain, I'm definitely interested.

Oh - and if you are buying a GPS, then for UK conditions you probably want to check receiver sensitivity carefully: some jam much more easily than others in tight valleys and with tree cover. The cheap mapless eTrex H is supposed to be especially good at resisting this.

Latest posts

Back