Hi all

I have got my diamond back ascent out after a few years but it needs lights

I decided on a cateye TL-LD610 for the rear

But what is a good light for the front?

Thanjs

Phil

Not sure

How dear can these things get?

Rear was £18. I guessing £50 may be? I know I need to be seen.

Fil_b":3geo8904 said:
Not sure

How dear can these things get?
Seven or eight hundred quid.

Ful_b":3geo8904 said:
Rear was £18. I guessing £50 may be? I know I need to be seen.
you might be able to find a magic shine (external battery pack) for that on eBay.
Falling that, at 50 quid, there isn't much to distinguish between mist of the main manufacturers offerings. Just trawl wiggle and crc looking for the biggest discount!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
legrandefromage":339x7amy said:
This design is pretty good, shop around though as some can have annoying flashing modes. Secure the battery packs well!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CREE-XML-XM-L ... 2ec3e8eaee

+1

Wrap battery pack in cling film too . Angle down onto the road as well , very bright for oncoming traffic , especially if it's on flashing mode

Mike

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I picked up a nice compact lezyne power drive xl for less than £50. Bought a couple of aftermarket batteries. Plenty bright enough and lasts about an hour plus on each battery on constant high. Nice quality too.

I have to admit that I found the prices of many lights totally absurd and started a thread on budget lights some years ago. There were lots of handbags thrown about but the general consensus was that these budget jobbies are ok for commuting but not the rough stuff.

A few years on and some of these issues have been addressed, especially by the model I posted above. But, battery packs...

...they still fall off in Wendover Woods.

Back