hope brake woes, banjo sheared so need help

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
....... With finding a new one.

I was looking at building my pipedream as all the bits have arrived. I have a couple of sets of hope brakes and also bought a superstar kit (hose and fittings). Disc brakes are new to me, well not had any other than some Hayes about 4 years ago and they were for and forget, so I thought I'd take one apart to see how the superstar kit would fit and doh, the banjo sheared off as I was attempting to undo it.

Now I could use the superstar kit, but it's a different size hose so won't fit the hope hose. I could just use the parts off the other brakes I have, but I was intending to sell a set so I either need to a) find a new banjo or b) sell a set with the superstar kit.

The thing about the superstar kit is, I don't think the brake lever fittings look as nice.

I do have some formula ones, but they are different as use rubber washers instead of brass olives, so aren't transferable.

Anyway, long story short, after a hope banjo bolt, and perhaps the crush washer/olives needed to refit. Oh, a length of black hope hose for a front would also be handy.

Anyone know, aside from hope, where I can get some, as not looking to spend much, as I want to sell them on without losing too much money.

Thanks, seems that there are a few kits available but reviews indicate issues with fitting them with existing parts as I can't find a hope made one. I should probably just use the superstar kit, or sell that with the brakes I'm not keeping, but that would be too easy right.

Cheers fluffy, that's the hope kit I found. Would I be right in assuming that the hose on the m4/mini is 5mm?

No idea, can only assume like you.

Seems a lot of money for just some basic parts though. Can buy a full bikes worth of 'wired' brake cables for that.

It sure does, but I like my retro bikes too much to trash them, and this is my attempt at building something modern I care a little less about.

what bit do u need ? ive got a couple of bits spare and goin to try and tap u up for some advice on forks

lol

Cheers, so far it's just the banjo bolt (straight) bits for a single brake, 6mm hose I believe.

Back