Centre lock brake's - locking nuts driving me nuts

scottyp

Dirt Disciple
Probably a bit 'new school' - so I apologise! :D

Updated my bike with some new wheels that take centre lock brakes - bought the discs, but unfortuantely they didn't come with the lock nuts, now trying to buy them they seem to be almost as much as the flippin' discs themselves! £10+
Anyone know anywhere online I can get them cheap, seems a lot for a locking nut!

Cheers all! :)

Re:

You think that's bad, you should get a set of XTR M970 cranks. Shimano want £30 just for the tool to remove them!

Re:

No - centre locking discs have just appeared on my radar! :D

Can't really see the benefit, other than shimano selling you extra parts - but as with technology, always happy to embrace it until proven wrong :)

Re: Re:

scottyp":1f81mejx said:
No - centre locking discs have just appeared on my radar! :D

Can't really see the benefit, other than shimano selling you extra parts - but as with technology, always happy to embrace it until proven wrong :)

Having had to drill & tap out a (6 bolt) rotor bolt as the head stripped I'm not entirely against c/l rotors myself.

Only disc rotors I have are centerlock - on about 6 bikes between me & gf, can't see what's not to like about them.

Dead Rats":16g9ch7u said:
OP, have you never binned a cassette and kept the lockrings 'just in case' They are the same!

really????? must check that. I know the spline tool is the same but wasn't away the lock ring was the same.

if you are stuck, I can post a cassette lock ring (would be steel one) to you..... but I will check compatibility.

Back