Ladies saddle advice

bazza926

Dirt Disciple
Calling all lady bikers...

My wife has a kona cinder cone mountain bike that I have built up in the hope she will be able to share in the joy that is off road mountain biking.

We have been out a couple of times but she always comes back complaining that her 'lady garden' area is sore and it puts her off.

Thd saddle she has is just one of those larger ones from halfords (yes I understand my mistake) but didn't want to spend too much on something she isn't going to use much.

Realising the better seat she has = better chance of her coming again, I was looking for options that would be more comfortable for her. I've seen the womens saddles in the shops but have noone to ask opinions from so here I am.

She has a size 16 bottom and imagine that some of the saddles available just wouldn't give her the necessary support.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Re:

I find my gel Flite very comfy, which I was surprised by! But I tend to suffer, if at all, more with sore spots on my cheek bones, if you see what I mean..ahem...rather than the front.

Try tilting the nose of the saddle down a little, I realised mine was very slightly down and that seems to help, and whatever she does, tell her to wear the padded knicker things!

When I was looking I had a lot of recommendations for the Charge ladies saddles, may well get one when I have some spare cash as they do look lovely...

Good luck, tell her to bear with it as we need more ladies out there on bikes!!

Kaz

When I built up my wife's bike I let her choose the seat, and she picked the larger style from decathlon, its quite firmly padded and wide and she finds it spot on, but it is sat on a USE shock post so that may help, but the nose is slightly down so try that too.

My other half tried various saddles including a WTB ladies one and gated them all. I picked up a Charge ladle for her and she really liked it. They're not too expensive either.

Definitely the nose down idea works more often than not.

My wife like the Brooks B17S - wide to supprot hip bones but also with a short nose

Back