BB advice please

Andy260

Dirt Disciple
I decided to install a Campagnolo triple to my Condor frame. The reccomended BB was 115mm however on installing the cranks they are way out from the B B ruining the look and the chainline. I'm a relative novice and any advice would be most appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 639
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 639
Re:

crank arms don't look particularly far up the axle taper, are they tightened on yet? also regarding the length of the axle, you sure it's right? 115 sounds right for the older stuff but those arms look newer, meaning lower profile which would suggest an axle length shorter, say a 110? the more recent tapered axle doubles were running around a 103mm axle which suggests a more recent triple chainset would need around a 110.

Re:

They are tightened on. They sell 111mm however this is only 2mm a side it's further out than that?

Re:

well the simple answer is that the axle is too long, i would try and confirm what year model the chainset is then you can find out the correct axle length.

a couple of pics of the chainset may help

I will probably stand corrected, but I am guessing the Campag chainset would be ISO taper, and not JIS.

Re:

that's why i questioned whether it was a campag chainset, seeing the old BB on the floor in the pic suggested to me that the BB had been replaced with a newer version of the campag BB which are internal cups on the non drive side.

so basically if you have put in a shimano BB it won't work as the taper lengths/angles are different, which would mean that the crank arm would not go all the way up the axle.

Re:

Thanks chaps the BB replacement installed is a Tifosi campagnolo ISO 115mm this is what it reccomended for a triple chainset.

Re: Re:

Andy260":2bqoxw4y said:
Thanks chaps the BB replacement installed is a Tifosi campagnolo ISO 115mm this is what it reccomended for a triple chainset.

They sure are long tapers then, which makes it look like the cranks are sitting far too outbord.

Do the cranks sit on the old BB in a similar way? It's very strange.

Back