Which Hope calipers?

FST4RD

Senior Retro Guru
The bike is a Giant ATX1, fork is an 05/06 Boxxer, hubs are Hope BigUns.
So I have 2 Hope 04 #3 calipers... I'm assuming that I'm going to have to run a 7" front rotor with a 6" rear with this combo?
Problem is, due to the unique BigUn rotors I have 2x8" and 2x7" rotors.
I wanted to run 8" on the front and 7" on the rear, which number calipers would I need?
If I ran 7" front and rear I would need a #3 on the front and what number on the back?

Attachments

• IMG_20140606_160159.jpg
    IMG_20140606_160159.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 307
If my feeble memory serves they take a 160mm front, but could be wrong. Great looking brakes but with 4 tiny positions they can be prone to grief.

I think I have solved the problem. Hope make IS to IS adapters to increase the caliper 20mm each end. They'll do the trick nicely.

Re:

Wait - wait wait

Unless one of your #3's magics into a number #6 Boxxer specific Caliper then you're wasting your money!!

Yes Boxxers require a special specific non IS Caliper and a 205MM disk for anything prior to a Mono M4 Caliper.

The modern Boxxers are post mount however if it has normal tabs then they are a unique size...

The #3 on the back is 165 unless you have long tabs so you need a +20 adaptor to do 185 (I know as this is the combo on my DH bike) there was also a#8 Caliper which allowed a 205 to be run on the rear but I've not seen a DH4 #8 for many years!

Re:

The Boxxers are IS and the caliper is IS?
Is it not just a matter of spacing the caliper over slightly so it sits over the rotor?
What's the difference between the #3 and #6? I mean physical differences.

Re:

Sweet, it was hard enough coming across these in NZ!
Originally the ATX had shivers, but they ended up on my cannondale.

Back