What 456 equivalents are out there ?

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
A wee while back I bought a On-One 456 frame because it was the cheapest option for that kind of bike. Must admitt its a great bike once I'd built it up with 140mm forks. However as my grey matter retains info like a very leaky sieve I've forgotten what ever bikes of this type were out there when I was looking. Seem to remember orange had something aswell as Saracen. Anything else that ticks that box ?
Just curious for now but a stiffer frame might be something to consider in the future as a flexy steel frame is not really needed for those forks.

The Carbon 456 is a great bike. There's also the Pipedream, Cotic do one too, Prince Albert (although rather a lot of pipes there)

Ragley, Cotic and Dialed Bikes already mentioned.
I have really good memories piloting a Ragley in Scotland

Stanton Slackline fits that bill too.

Enjoy!!

Stanton Slackline.

It's steel, but doesn't feel too flexy to me and works great with longer forks.

Re:

Stanton slackline. I have the Ti version and its stiff under power but still retains some vibration absorbtion. 631 version probably similar.
or
Second hand Evil sovereign - helluva frame for bargain second hand prices.
Lastly - Chromag, either a Samurai, or an aperture for more wallet friendly price. I have a mint aperture frame I need to get in the classifieds.

The Blenders do have a pretty good following but the top tubes are pretty short according to some which makes general riding hard work.

My steel Slackline feels pretty good - it accelerates well enough but feels nowhere near as harsh as my BFe did through the rough stuff. Tough as old boots too - not a mark on it after my fairly big crash the other week. It seems as happy being jumped or ragged down hills as it does doing loops or trail riding.

Back