Dekerf Sizing

pebble

Retro Guru
Can anyone recommend what size Elysium you would require for 178cm or 5ft 10".

Is the 17.5" going to be too small?

Re:

My Generation is 18.5 and I'm 5' 10" but I reckon the 17.5 should be fine. A friend of mine who is a couple of inches taller than me used to ride an 18.5" frame Dekerf and it was spot on for him.

If it's the one that's been on ebay please buy it before my marriage ends in divorce.....

Yes, it is the one advertised on Ebay. It arrived today from Prestige Cycles.

Chris thought I would be fine with a layback post and high rise stem.

The frame looks tiny though but the quality is amazing - all credit to the guy.

pebble":41e6n3et said:
Chris thought I would be fine with a layback post and high rise stem.

The frame looks tiny though but the quality is amazing - all credit to the guy.
I would say it'll be too small. Layback posts are a poor compromise putting you too far back to pedal efficiently.
It's a lot of money to be spending on something that doesn't fit.

Re:

17.5". I'm that tall and though I have longer than average legs, an 18.5 Feels a tad small and cramped though ridable, a 17.5 I've tried are all effing tiny and horrible, even with laybacks. Ridable but just for pootling around.

Sorry, my mistake this is actually what Chris said:-

The 17.5" can probably work for you, it's just that you may have quite a bit of seatpost showing and may need a little higher rise stem/bar.

My current bike is a 2009 18" Litespeed Hummer with 23" top tube (22" actual). The Dekerf has a 55cm (21.6" actual) top tube. I have measured this from the centre of the seat tube to the centre of the headtube.

I have a 27.2mm Race Face XY 400mm seat post to fit the bike so only a bit of layback.

Harryburgandy,

Sorry, I know you were after it.Do u want first refusal if it is no good. I think I bought the 2002 kona Exposif from you. Did also have a Dekerf for sale recently. If so how tall are u and how well did the bike fit?.

No need to apologise...I would have beaten you too it if I could;-)
Happy to see someone here buy it. I am 5'10" also...short legs longish torso. Everyone has their own preference but I would have thought this fits like a glove. Thanks for the offer but I would need to sell my Merlin ( which is why I didn't buy your frame)...plus I need to buy a stupid car

Back