Fluid change?

alanf

Senior Retro Guru
Last weekend I found out the pistons on my avids were sticking, so I pulled them apart, cleaned and lubed every thing but decide to replace the lot and got a couple of service kits, when I stuck them all back together I replaced the fluid and bled the system so I could use this bike..... Which I haven't due to being on call this week, do you think I could just suck the fresh unused in anger fluid and stick it back in after I replace the pistons and seals? Or should I just junk if and renew it?

There's less than 15 ml of fluid in most brakes. For the account of faff, I'd just replace it.

Re:

Yeah the amount of crap I flushed out last time I may as well do the job properly and start with a clean rebuild
Bleeding avids is a sucky job! Normally takes two or three attempts to get the damn thing done do you get a decent feeling lever

Avids are not my favourites to bleed - can spend 15 - 30 minutes arseing around with syringes to get the air out .....

Re:

I have two sets! elixers and codes, both pains to bleeds! it takes several attempts to get a decent feeling lever on them, I thought I had it sorted but half way through todays ride the front ended up hitting the grips if I needed to use it! :( Oh well I'll get dry and warm and maybe pop out and try to bleed it again later.....again

Back