bike storage

ewanm77

MacRetro Rider
whats the best way to store bikes that dosnt take up a lot of room?
ive got a medium sized shed with normal garden stuff lawn mower ect. big tool box and a chest freezer.but we have 6 bikes and they pretty much take up any room that's left and have to take them out to get anything else out the shed. so any way to store them even from the roof would be really helpfull

I hang mine from bars and saddle using big red d&q hooks, although any colour will do

I have 2 hooks for the wheels. Removing the wheels reduces length hence more bikes accomodated - mine is a long narrow space in the garage between garage wall and volvo.

Re:

Gotta say those hooks from B&Q look pretty tidy, might get a set myself as shed space is at a premium here too :shock:

Re:

$%28KGrHqZ,!oQFIrli9M7zBSPzTthSKw~~60_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-JUMBO-LADDE ... 4865e67712
Don't forget to coat them with a section of old inner tube.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I use the hooks from Halfords and hang mine up...one my the rear wheel, one by the front wheel and the next by the rear wheels. The fourth then rests against the hanging ones. Takes up loads less space.

Not sure what will happen if the 'Dale ever gets done.

One tun give found is that if I hang the MTB's up by the forks the oil isn't kept in the damper so they can feel poo for a bit until they are cycled a few times through their travel. I know keep the road bike fund up by the front wheel and the MTB's by the rear wheel.

Back