1998 Zaskar LE build

fitzroybikeco

Retro Guru
Hi Guys

just got ahold of a 1998 Zaskar LE frame. I am wondering what the best option for forks is? Want very good quality. pretty new to the MTB game so not sure what I should be looking for. Not fussed if it is period correct or something more modern. Will be running XTR M952 V-Brakes.

thanks.

fitzroybikeco":fegjgyer said:
Hi Guys
just got ahold of a 1998 Zaskar LE frame. I am wondering what the best option for forks is? Want very good quality. pretty new to the MTB game so not sure what I should be looking for. Not fussed if it is period correct or something more modern.
Will be running XTR M952 V-Brakes.
thanks.
I have a 98 GT with M952 V brakes too. Choose what you like that is preferably 80mm of travel.

Finding V brake posts on the higher end current models of disc-only forks with a 9mm QR axle and non-tapered steerer is the killer. There aren't any I think that tick all of those boxes.
You might have to go period-specific - I'd have Marzocchi's higher up my list in that era because they performed great and fairly easy to maintain.

What about Girvins?
There's a loony near me who has a nice looking blue Zaskar with Girvins attached.

yeah I like that build.....

Do you happen to know the model name for those?

I actually have a set that some crazy guy has welded a disk brake boss to.

Back