Specialized FSR 2000 Forks Dilema!

Nutbehindthebar

Devout Dirtbag
In the fortunate position that I have a lovely FSR DH team 2000/2001 in red and white.
The dilemma is which forks to fit.
1. Manitou X Vert rarer than hens teeth not got a set unlikely to get a set.
2 Manitou Dorado I have a set in red/white but scratch to one of the stanchions
3. Marzocchi Shiver I have a set 2001 bit big but good looking on the bike.
4. Cherry red boxxers mint set work faultlessly easiest to maintain of the 3 forks I currently own.

My heart is saying go with the boxxers I have a set on my DHi too and plenty spares but fear the backlash of the purists, I have the dorados and shivers in my shed too, happily swap them for some xvert carbons though!!

Did any team or sponsored riders ride them with boxxers in 2000/2001
I have a faint memory that 2001 bikes came with boxxers???
Any help opinion much appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Hold out for the X Vert carbons. You know it's the right thing to do. Heavyp had some last year he was thinking of getting rid of.

Re:

Hey Ba57ards still got both 2 are up on ebay at the moment if you want a look, did you decide not to go for the Zaskar x then?

ive got 3 red and black zaskar frames so thought the zaskar x wouldnt get built for a while

and urs are the 2 busted frames ? cant justify 300 quid on them (also wouldnt match the ones ive got now )

Re:

£300 wasn't what I was after just thought I would give anyone interested a chance to put in an offer before they got sniped, but they are also nice to look at so a bit of a reluctant sale, would rather see them go to someone who will repair them than just to hang on a wall as there are so few about.

Back